Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Chapter 7: Dear Baby


I was oh so nervous. I mean, wouldn't you be? There I was: Infront of my dad's house about to have dinner with 2 of my siblings. Of which I've NEVER met before. My heart was going so fast; it was definitely the winner of this metaphorical race.


Vanessa looked exactly like her mother. It was crazy. And Seth was like a mixture of both. But this family was so.... together.

"Dad, Vanessa already ate all of her salad." Seth said. "Hey sis, I know you're thin but getting fat will just make you look worse."

"I object!" Vanessa threw her hand in the air. "You guys are just slow-eaters!"

My Father was the next one to speak. "Calm down, kids. Have some manners; we have a guest."


"First thing's first." Vanessa started. "What's your story?"

"My story?" I said between bites.

"Like.... Your life. The good part of it, anyway."


"Well I don't know where to start." I said. "I'm married, for one."

"Oh, how long?" Seth asked.

"Since I was 18." I sensed the awkwardness in the room. "Me and Drew have a beautiful son. We're also expecting."

Vanessa shot me a smile. "Why so young?"


"Ness, obviously they just thought it was time." Seth told her. "Oh wait, you don't know the feeling."

"Shut up, fat-face."

"Do you see how she speaks to me?"

I showed a nervous smile. "Well actually he got me pregnant the night we met. His mom organized an arranged marriage...." My face felt hot. I know I sounded crazy to them, but they wanted to know me, right?


"Nice goin'." Vanessa told me. "One night stands are always --"

"Vanessa." My dad said. She shot him a sad look.


Seth looked at me. "Don't feel awkward." He said. "Our sister is always this inappropriate."

"Ha ha." She was being sarcastic. "At least I can get laid...."

"I'm 15."

"I was 14 when I --"

"Vanessa!" My dad said again.

"Sorry, Dad. I didn't realize my sex-life wasn't very important."

***


Dear Baby,

While you were still in my tummy, we adopted a dog. But you know him as Howard. He's been there longer than you think, dear. He's very playful around you. You know that. But did you know he's also very protective of you? Ever since you were born he can't keep his eyes off of you. Not even for a second.


You're brother painted a lot during this pregnancy. You've seen the paintings in the hallway, haven't you? He did those especially for you. Mitchell was more than excited to have a baby sister. He still is. You probably don't hear this a lot, but he loves you. He really does.


I spent a lot of my time reading and preparing for you. Whenever I'd read something interesting, I'd say it aloud to you.

One day I read that baby's often move when they hear their mothers voice. So I set my book down and started to tell you how I excited I was to have you. I rubbed my tummy and there you were; moving around happily.

Daddy worked a lot during my pregnancy. He wanted to earn a lot of money so we could get you lots of toys and make you happy. We were all prepared to see you play and do all of your baby things.


You also loved to move around whenever somebody would rub my tummy. Daddy did it a lot; and when he was working I took his place. Mitchell would always come running to me after school and ask if he could listen to you and talk to you. This made you very happy.


One night, I thought you were just bouncing with glee. Which you probably were, Baby. Were you just excited to see us all for the first time? But you weren't just jumping; you wanted to make your way out. Yes, I was giving birth to you.

Daddy jumped out of bed and grabbed the keys. He guided me to the taxi outside and we were set for delivery. It hurt. It really did. Daddy was squeezing my hand and rubbing my tummy to make me feel a little better. We were both really nervous to see you. We've spent all of this 9 months playing and preparing for you, but when the time came we were very scared.


All of our fear turned into happiness when we first saw you. You were, and still are, a beautiful little girl. We promised each other we would never stop loving you.


My dear Caroline -- not Carol, but Caroline -- you are the most beautiful girl I have ever seen. You look just like your father, you really do. If anything were to ever happen to you, my life would be over. Because I would have broken my promise to never let you lose your path. I love you, dear Caroline. I always will.

Love, Mommy.

***

Update my forum. c:<

1 comment:

  1. :) You're doing an amazing job with your story. :) Caroline is so cute!

    ReplyDelete