Monday, June 18, 2012

Chapter 8: A Bump in our Road



"Drew, honey?" I call from the kitchen. "Do you have Caroline?"

She has been non-stop crying since I woke up. But the house has become such a mess that I can't manage to exceed our daughters needs. She's much more work than Mitchell was; he barely cried, and when he did, it was just for a few minutes as most. Maybe it's a gender thing.


I listen as the crying dies down. "Thank you!"

I've spent my entire week dedicated to housework, but when Drew leaves for work Caroline is at her worst. I don't know how we're going to deal with her.


On the brightside, we can afford our bills. But just barely. Drew's on the verge of a promotion, though. Everything in the past while has just been a minor bump on our family road. I know it's cheesy, but who really cares? I can't be witty while exhausted.


She's beautiful, isn't she? Looks just like her father. But she's sassy. Which is obviously a trait from me. God, I can't get over how beautiful she is. It makes me wonder if she'll be like me when she's older, only taking upon the image of her father.


Caroline is not fond of walking. At all. She's taken a few steps, but she prefers crawling. Which I don't get, because toddlers love to walk around and get into stuff. But she's the complete opposite. Really, she's different. In a good way, at least.

***


Riiiiiiiiiiiiing!

The sound of my phone startled me.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiing!


Okay, okay. I'm coming. "Hello?"
"Belle?" It's Vanessa. "Belle is that you!? Oh my god something happened I just.... Oh my god.... I'm so scared."

"Vanessa? Are you okay? Slow down, tell me what happened."


"It -- It's -- I'll explain everything later. I'm at the hospital, please. Please come to the hospital. Something really bad has happened...."

"I'll be right there." Then I left the house.

***

Reader Interaction! (Because I'm so cool & stuff)

What do YOU think happened? Respond in the comments below. ~o~

2 comments:

  1. I think that maybe, their dad died, or shes having a baby...Well that wouldnt be bad.. So I think the dads dying or something xP

    ReplyDelete
  2. Either her Dad got in a car accident or Vanessa is pregnant... by someone... lol

    ReplyDelete